Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Gift For Dad

Many of you know my dear Mother went home to be with the Lord this past spring. So many emotions have accompanied me throughout the recent months. I am still missing her, yet time does ease some of the pain. There are so many days that I still want to call her and talk to her. The tears have inched their way further from my lids, and when they come they aren't daily anymore.


I still have the gift of my Father, and am so thankful he is alive and well. Seeing him alone and wanting companionship caused a different sort of pain inside me.


So, our Gracious God has provided him a friend, companion and as of today, new wife.


Many people hear this news and their eyebrows go up in questioning...and if I could read their minds, I might hear, "Wow, so soon?" or " That is too fast!" But I am so happy for my dad. Lord willing, he has many more years of serving his Savior and what better way than with someone the Lord has supplied as a friend and fellow slave in Christ. No one will ever take the place of my dear mom, but it is a blessing to have a new friend and older Godly woman in my life.

Dad and Lindi,
We pray the best for you as you seek Christ in this new relationship. We love you and are eagerly waiting to see you soon. May all your aim be focused to Christ and serving Him the rest of your days. Praise God for all He is doing in all of our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since your mom expressed to your dad that she wanted this for him - and if God reveals these fulfillments of our hopes and dreams to us when we are in heaven with Him, I can't help but think that she is rejoicing for your dad today - and for your blessing.
Love you, Patty

Stacey said...

I am sure God does not wish His children to be lonely and sad. May your dad find many blessings and happiness in this new chapter of his life, as I'm sure this new start does not change the love he has for your dear mom. Your post was really precious.