Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Brother and High Priest

This is an amazing thought.

My Lord Jesus became like me in EVERY respect, so He could empathize with my temptations and weaknesses.

Whether I am tempted to give up or give in, I have the assurance my Jesus was there before I was.

Hebrews 2:17-18


Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Propitiation is a big word that means a sacrifice that satisfies what God's character requires.

God is holy. God requires holiness from His children.
God is love. God requires agape love from His children.
God is truth. God requires honesty and integrity from His children.
God is just. God requires His children to be just.

This is impossible....apart from the atoning blood of Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, " For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

Jesus took our sin and gave us His righteousness.

The burden of sin is gone. Praise be to God. I have a High Priest who intercedes on my behalf. I have a Brother who calls me friend.




No comments: