Friday, December 4, 2009

Day Four ~ God's Covenant

Covenant is a word not used in our culture much anymore; maybe because so many people have a hard time even keeping their word. For example, I covenanted with my husband 15 years ago. Yet, in our day and age, even that covenant can be broken very easily.

Think on this: God, creator of the world, made a covenant with Abraham, a mere human. He made a covenant that cannot be broken because the maker of that covenant must keep His word; that is His very nature.

Genesis 12:1-3; 15 was our reading tonight for the Jesse Tree.

Because of this covenant, we, the new testament church, can be grafted into having a covenant with our Maker. AND He promises this:

Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

I Peter 1:5 ...who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Lord Jesus, Thank you for saving me and keeping me. Thank you for your faithfulness even to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Thank you for making a way for me to be covenanted to you.

No comments: